Travels

Friday, April 13, 2007

Wild Animals

I spent all day perfecting the art for the rabbit. I think I've figured out the best way to make art so all of the 5 or so other characters should go more smoothly. It's hard to judge whether making art digitally is going to be better than scanning in painted art. So far it doesn't seem any quicker, but I am very happy with the quality of the art. After painting all day I was pretty tired, so after work I went across the street to the kitchen to get some dinner. But on the way there I ran into a herd of wild pigs. I think there were about 10 of them. They were running around and making a lot of noise. Their footsteps almost sounded like the waves on a beach. Since I am used to the woods most wild animals don't bother me, but pigs are the exception. I think it's because when I was younger I used to play a game where you had to get past some wild boars by spearing them on horseback. If you lost the boar would knock you off your horse and kill you. I don't know too much about how dangerous a wild pig is, but they do have tusks and I'm keeping away from them.
As I was walking back home after dinner, I was still a little paranoid about running into the herd of pigs. So when I suddenly heard a scrambling noise I jumped a little bit. The noise was the fox I saw before. This time he was inside of a parked pickup truck. The owners had left their window open about 6 inches and the fox squeezed through and was looking around the inside of the cab. He must have gotten freaked out at being in the cab because he jumped out in a hurry. Then he stood there and looked at me for a while. I told him that he looked busy and he trotted off.

1 comment:

Randy said...

That's so cool! Too bad you didn't get a picture of the fox in the pickup. That would have been a good one.

I'm pretty okay with most animals, but I think I'd steer clear of pigs with tusks, too.